More About The Podcast
About The Podcast
The theme for the month of October at The Redeemed is leadership, and in this podcast Paul Amos and Nate Dewberry introduce the topic by talking about what they’ve learned—not just as leaders of companies or organizations, but as leaders of families. Among those lessons: Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, but don’t let those mistakes define your identity, either; don’t just assume that the “view from the top” is the right one; and always value people for who they are, not just what they can do for you. The last one is particularly important to being a good leader as a father, for as Paul says, if you can’t demonstrate love to other people, they’ll figure it out pretty quickly.
- Falling Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success by John C. Mazwell
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Partrick Lencioni
- Beautiful Outlaw: Experiencing the Playful, Disruptive, Extravagant Personality of Jesus by John Eldredge
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell
- Leadership Pain: The Classroom for Change by Samuel Chand
1:34—Paul and Nate’s leadership role models/lessons they’ve learned
6:34—Having vision as a leader/surrounding yourself with people who complement you
12:03—Books and podcasts that have influenced their leadership skills
16:16—How do we become good leaders for our families?