More About The Podcast
About The Podcast
Cal Walters is a U.S. Military Academy graduate, Iraq veteran, JAG officer, and professor. Over the course of a decorated career, which has included service under other highly esteemed military officers, he’s learned quite a bit about leadership, which he shares through his podcast, “Intentional Leader”; he also shares them with Nate Dewberry in this week’s edition of The Redeemed Man podcast, along with insights into the effective traits of servant leadership that Christ modeled for all of us.
*Cal conducted this interview in his personal capacity. The views expressed on this podcast are those of the host and guest and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position, or endorsement of the US Army, DoD, or the US Government.
- Intentional Leader podcast with Cal Watlters
- The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry: How to Stay Emotionally Healthy and Spiritually Alive in the Chaos of the Modern World by John Mark Comer
- The Motive: Why So Many Leaders Abdicate Their Most Important Responsibilities by Patrick Lencioni
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
10:08—The daily habits of a leader
16:23—Cal’s background and faith journey
23:56—What does redemption mean to you?
28:45—How Cal’s Christian beliefs impact his leadership
36:44—The experiences and people that have influenced Cal’s leadership style
47:51—Cal’s advice for people who aspire to grow as leaders
52:14—How Cal became a leadership podcaster