Restoring the Soul is a partner of The Redeemed
More About The Podcast
About The Podcast
Getting a glimpse of one of dad’s Playboy magazines is so common it’s treated as a rite of passage for many men, but beneath that patina of innocence lies the potential for real and lasting damage. Rev. Michael Cusick was first exposed to porn at age 4 and by his teen years was a full-blown porn addict; it continued to blossom into a sex addiction that nearly destroyed his marriage. But he turned his life around and founded Restoring the Soul, a ministry that combines therapeutic principles with scripture to help men overcome unhealthy sexual dependencies. Michael talks with Paul Amos in this week’s podcast about the real damage porn addiction can do and how men can break free of it to lead more fulfilling lives.
- Surfing for God: Discovering the Divine Desire Beneath Sexual Struggle by Michael Cusick
- Restoring the Soul podcast with Michael and Julianne Cusick
- A Hunger for Healing: The Twelve Steps as a Classic Model for Christian Spiritual Growth by Keith Miller
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? by Philip Yancey
- Addiction and Grace: Love and Spirituality in the Healing of Addictions by Gerald May
- Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope That Matters by Timothy Keller
3:12—Michael’s story of porn addiction and recovery
12:52—Opening people’s eyes to the dangers of porn
19:28—How do you overcome a porn addiction?
29:27—The importance of sharing one’s failings and being open with other men
35:09—Resources for wives/closing advice/outro