Scripture for Depression
Depression can cause us to feel alone, isolated, and hopeless. Satan uses depression to manipulate us. He fills our minds with darkness and brings us down emotionally. Satan tries to use depression to deprive us of our relationship with God—but God wants to help us. He wants to fill us with HIS joy.
Take comfort in knowing that God has seen every thought and knows every fear and anxiety we experience. Depression does not have to rule your life. No matter what you are facing, God is ready and willing to take your pain and turn it into something amazing. While depression can make you feel lonely, know that God is still there and is not going anywhere.
In dark times, God’s word is an excellent source of hope and comfort. The Bible gives us wonderful instructions on how to fight depression, reminding us of God’s love. Use these verses to find encouragement, inspiration, and healing.
Scriptures for Depression
Want to print these scriptures on repentance for easy reference, sharing, or studying on the go?
Download and print this article here.
- Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
— Proverbs 12:25
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.
—2 Timothy 1:7
- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
—Philippians 4: 6-7
- In your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
- You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy.
- Answer me quickly, Lord;
my spirit fails.
Do not hide Your face from me
or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in You.
Show me the way I should go,
for to You I entrust my life.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
for I hide myself in You.
- Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make straight your paths.
– Proverbs 3:5-6
- Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
—1 Peter 5:7
- The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
- Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
– Isaiah 41:10
- The Lord is near the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
- Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, rejoice.
- A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance,But by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broke
The goal of The Redeemed is to provide men a supportive, communal environment where they can discuss their problems, worries, and feelings of “brokenness” without fear of being judged or censored. Please consider joining us for one of our live webinars.
In these challenging, uncertain times, many men feel broken and alone. The Redeemed aims to show them they’re not alone in their brokenness, and that God’s love and strength are available to them too—not in spite of their human failings, but because.
If you would like to tell your story, talk, have someone listen, or surround yourself with those who have experienced brokenness and restoration, please contact The Redeemed.
Sign up for our news
When you sign up for this mailing list, you’ll receive regular updates for The Redeemed.